Monday 6 December 2010

Term 1 - a brief summary.

I think it's safe to say that it's taken me a while to adjust to the workload of term 1.  I have enjoyed learning new skills in the workshops and the idea of doing something different each week.  It kept my mind fresh at the beginning of the course.  The introduction of the thought process we discovered in Catherine's workshop has really helped with the research project we have been given.  I found the project quite hard to get into mainly because the 3 variables my group got were very broad so we all had to try to find a way of zoning in on one idea.  So rather than having so many different ideas going on a once we limited it to a theme and went from there.  I have enjoyed the course so far although there have been times where I obviously will feel the pressure.  The 100 collages we are doing have proven to be quite time consuming simply because i have been focussing more on the other work.  Jo Spencer's computer lessons are really helpful as I am a beginner with programs like InDesign.  I think over the holiday period though i am going to go back over the tutorials and do them again when it isn't rushed so I can take the time to actually learn what I am doing. I've got to figure out a way to balance the work load out so I don't feel so pressured at times.  I am looking forward to what term 2 brings especially with the new projects and seeing how I will react to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment